This recipe and photo comes from one of my favorite blogs What’s Gaby Cooking.
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
- 6 tablespoons Sabra sun dried tomato hummus
- 1 handful watercress, or lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 persian cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Greek yogurt dip for dipping as needed
Slather each piece of toasted bread with equal amounts of hummus and top with watercress, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and red onion. Crumble the feta on top of each open faced sandwich and season with salt and pepper
Serve alongside the greek yogurt dip.
Source: What’s Gaby Cooking