- 2 5-ounce cans high-quality lump crabmeat
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sage
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt (used as a mayo substitute)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Sea salt
Stir crabmeat, lemon juice, onion, cranberries, and sage together in a medium bowl. Add yogurt, mixing until all ingredients are evenly coated. Add egg, stir to combine, and then stir in 1 cup panko. Use your hands to shape mixture into patties 1 inch thick and 2 inches in diameter, making sure they are packed tightly enough to hold together without crumbling.
Place remaining 1 cup panko in a shallow dish. Dredge patties in panko to thinly coat. Place on a baking sheet. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add enough patties to fill pan without crowding (you will need to cook in batches) and cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Use a thin metal spatula to gently flip each cake and cook 2 to 3 additional minutes until browned on the other side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan and cook remaining patties.
Source: Shape Magazine