This artichoke cheese dip is just the thing when you hanker for a creamy, cheesy snack. Since you are likely to have the ingredients on hand in the fridge and freezer, it’s also great for impromptu entertaining. This is a great appetizer for people on a LOW SUGAR diet.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 green onion, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- Cooking spray
- 24 (1/2-ounce) slices baguette, toasted
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place garlic and onion in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano and next 4 ingredients (through pepper); process until almost smooth. Add artichoke hearts; pulse until artichoke hearts are coarsely chopped. Spoon mixture into a 3-cup gratin dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Serve hot with baguette.
Makes 12 Servings ( serving size: 2 1/2 tablespoons dip and 2 baguette slices)
Nutrition Per Serving: 126 Calories, 3.4g Fat, 5g Protein, 334mg Sodium, 59mg Calcium
Source: Cooking Light, SEPTEMBER 2008