Serve this salsa with chips, or spoon it atop sautéed chicken breast or fish. If you want to make the salsa ahead, omit the cilantro and avocado, and stir them in just before serving. Substitute blood oranges for regular oranges for seasonal color.
- 3 cups orange sections, chopped (about 4)
- 2 1/2 cups pink grapefruit sections, chopped (about 2 large grapefruit)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 diced peeled avocado
Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss gently. Serve immediately. Serves 10 (serving size: 1/4 cup).
Nutrition Per Serving: 86 Calories, 3g Fat, 3.5g Fiber, 98mg Sodium, 44mg Calcium
Source: Cooking Light, NOVEMBER 2011