Use this pesto for a variety of dishes – toss with whole-wheat pasta or serve with fish, meat, chicken. You can store the pesto, covered and refrigerated, for a couple of days.
- 2 packed cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a blender or food processor, pulse the basil, pine nuts, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the oil and blend until the mixture is smooth and thick. Add the cheese and pulse until just incorporated. Makes about 3/4 cup.
Nutrition: 181 Calories, 4g Protein, 1g Fiber, 1g Sugar
Source: Giada’s Feel Good Food