- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tsp virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry whole-wheat couscous
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 cup tart dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked skinless dark-meat chicken
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Toast pine nuts in a 400°F oven for 2 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add broth to saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
Add couscous, salt, curry powder, cinnamon, and cherries. Stir well. Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
While couscous mixture is steaming, heat chicken in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50 percent power until just warmed. Fluff cooked couscous with a fork. Add chicken, scallions, and toasted pine nuts; toss well. Makes 2 servings.
Source: Women’s Health