For the Carrot Pasta:
- 5 large carrots, peeled and spiraled into noodles
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Kosher salt to taste
Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until smooth and creamy.
Wash carrots well, peel them, and pat them dry.
Using your spiral slicer, make noodles out of all of the carrots. It will be more difficult to make the noodles once there is only a few inches of carrot left, so you can grate what’s left of the carrot.
Place all carrot noodles into a large serving bowl. Pour the Ginger-Lime Peanut Sauce over the noodles and gently toss together. Serve with roasted cashews (or peanuts) and freshly chopped cilantro.
Note: If you do not have a Spiralizer, you can simply grate the carrots with a box grater to make this recipe.
Source: The Roasted Root