This is the perfect dish to bring to a summer BBQ.
- 1/4 cup neutral oil, such as grapeseed or canola
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 9-1/2-ounce package soba noodles
- 1 bunch asparagus, ribboned
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted and sliced, or 1 cup jarred roasted bell peppers, drained
- 2 large handfuls mung bean sprouts
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Whisk together the oils, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, ginger, and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
Cook the soba noodles according to the instructions on their package, or until tender but not mushy. Drain them and then rinse with cool water or dunk in an ice bath until the noodles are at room temperature. Drain off excess water, and then add the noodles, asparagus, bell peppers, mung bean sprouts, scallions, sesame seeds, and cilantro to the dressing, tossing to coat.
Serve at room temperature. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Source: Yum Sugar